Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Big One

It's still the talk in the garage this weekend @ Auto Club Speedway.



“I definitely could have used better judgment coming back up on the racetrack, but it’s hard to tell. I mean, there was rain coming, I was a lap down (and) I had to get my lap back to even have a shot at winning the race. It all happened pretty fast and it was unfortunate how it went down. (But) my statistics at the plate tracks speak for themselves and I don’t really have to defend myself at how good a plate racer I am and what kind of moves I make out on the racetrack. I got just as much right to be on that racetrack and do whatever the hell I want to do on it as anybody else out there. And I race just as hard as I choose to race and want to race, and I race people how I want to be raced. I’ve always raced with a lot of respect and I’ll continue to do so in the future.” What Dale Earnhardt Jr said on Friday from Auto Club Speedway.

Brain Vickers: “Junior did call me this week, which was much appreciated. Without giving too much detail of the conversation, he called to say that he apologized and didn’t mean to do it. I told him then, `I don’t know what to say.’ We ended up finishing almost last because of what happened. Of course, I’m upset about it. I mean I’m not happy unless I won the race, much less wreck. But I told him I do appreciate the call.”

What's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment